[Ravensfort] Seneschal Applications

Jan Van Zandt hejanais at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 29 16:04:57 PDT 2005

Greetings,

As some of you may know, your Seneschal Malcolm will be stepping down at the end of September after serving for two years.

I am taking applications for the office.  If you are interested, please send the the on-line application, a copy of your ID and a copy of your Blue Card to me.  I will accept them by email or you may mail them to 316 North LBJ Drive, San Marcos, Tx 78666.  An application must also be sent to the present Seneschal of Ravensfort and to the Vicar and Vicaress.  I will take applications until the 15th of August.  I would like to make the decision by the end of August In order to help create a smooth transition in the office.

All Officers must have a Deputy.  The Deputy must have all the necessary quailifications for the Officer position in case they need to assume the position because of an emergency.   Being a Deputy does not necessarily mean you have to take the office for two years.  A new application process would begin - and the Deputy would be welcome to apply for a term of office.  If you interested in being Deputy Seneschal, please let me, Malcolm and the V&V of Ravensfort know.

Warrants for offices are now in force from Red Tape to Red Tape.  Should you take an office between the Red Tape meetings, you will be considered and 'acting officers' until the Warrant is signed at the next Red Tape.  Two years is a good term in office but it is not set in concrete.  Warrants can be extended beyond that - as long as you are doing a good job and not suffering from burn-out.:)

If you have any questions, please call or email me.

In Service,
Baroness Janais L'orfevre
Southern Regional Seneschal