[Ravensfort] New regalia

David R. Hoffpauir env_drh at shsu.edu
Wed Oct 26 08:20:21 PDT 2005

HE L~

I don't think we're too far off in philosophy.  A coronet should NEVER
represent the individual! My point was that each unique coronet defines the
individual as a Noble to their populous and represents their duty/burden
during their tenure. If you take the job seriously, after years of stress,
worry, tough choices, rejoicing, and bursting moments of pride, then the hat
becomes a sentimental reminder that you will probably hope to keep.

It's all philisophical anyway and at the most fundamental level, the
coronets are little more than junk metal.  It's the person, their comport,
their service and the perception of those they serve that make the coronets
into something.

Counterpoint a bit here....  As a token, passed from Crown to Barony,
coronets are more "of Ansteorra", than "of the Barony".  The Baronial lands
are your fief, the coronet is your reminder of stewardship.  Just as in
historical times, it is a grant, and in NO WAY is it yours!  Keep in mind
too that you may, probably will, be called on to hold court, in their
Majesties stead, throughout the Kingdom, so that coronet must define you to
a much larger group than just your Barony.

We swerve a bit from the original postings, however, which concern
themselves with new coronets.  In that endevour I think we will find the
appropriate path.  Could be we commission two sets.  One as the perpetual
"of the Barony" set and one set commissioned by the new B&B.  That's a bit
over the top, but it would be nice if our artisans could pull that one out
of their, er.....  hat.....  ......  :)

regards,
dsd