[Ravensfort] New regalia

fionna at cox.net fionna at cox.net
Wed Oct 26 11:45:11 PDT 2005

Ok, let me try this again...

Well, I think a good place to start would be the Kingdom's Coronet
Sumptuary Laws.  This information can be found at:
http://www.ansteorra.org/publications/law/Jun2005_Ansteorra_Law.pdf

Article IX: Coronet Sumptuary Laws
Section 5: Baronial Coronets

A. All barons and baronesses have the right to wear one of the following
as a sign of their rank:
1. Flat-topped coronets may have 6 to 12
spherical projections of no more than 1/2 inch diameter extending from
the top of the coronet.  It is recommended that flat- topped coronets be
made clearly wider than fillets.
2. Engrailed coronets may have up to 6 points or projections, which may be
surmounted by spherical projections of no more than 1/2 inch diameter.  The line of
the coronet between points must be smoothly concave, in order to clearly distinguish
them from county cornets.
B. Territorial barons and baronesses have the exclusive right to wear baronial
coronets decorated with the arms, ensign, or badge of their barony.  A laurel wreath
may only be included as part of the arms of the barony.  A baronial coronet should
not have the personal insignia of the baron or baroness, since it is not a
personal coronet, but one that represents the barony.
C. Former territorial barons and baronesses of Ansteorra may display an Ansteorran
Star on their baronial coronets.
D. Court barons and baronesses have the right to wear standard baronial coronets,
as long as the decorations do not violate existing sumptuary laws.

Fionna

On Wednesday, October 26, 2005 at 17:36, Corbisier, Barbara L wrote
regarding Re: [Ravensfort] New regalia: