[Ravensfort] Yule Revel

Jan Van Zandt hejanais at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 12 15:23:11 PST 2006

  Greetings Everyone and Happy Holidays!!!

    This Saturday, December 16th, Ffynnon Gath & Bjornsborg will be celebrating the Yule season with a combined revel.

    We invite one and all to join us as we usher in the holidays.

    Here are the details - we hope to see you there!

    Where:  Lockhart State Park

    (see directions below or go to http://ffynnon-gath.ansteorra.org/ and check Events page for a map)

    4179 State Park Road Lockhart TX   78644

    Once in the State Park, look for SCA signs to the building.

    When:  Saturday December 16th, 2006

    Gate opens at Noon and site closes at Midnight

    What:  Turkey , Ham & Wassail will be provided.

    Ê     Everyone is asked to bring a side dish (enough to feed a family of four)

    Site Fee: $6 for adults, $3 for children under 12 with a $20 family cap.

    Activities Planned

    Sir Corwin’s Pirate Swap – Bring a gift for Adults under $10 to participate

    Child’s Gift Swap – Bring a gift for children under $5 to participate

    Table Decorating Contest

    Period Subtlety Contest

    Period Games of Skill

    Bjornsborg Land Court

    Silent Auction - if you wish to donate an item please contact the autocrats.

    Creative Garb Fashion Show – show us how you were able to take modern materials and turn them into great looking SCA garb.

    Directions

    From Austin & Other Parts North:  Take US Highway 183 south to FM 20, turn right on FM 20 and proceed for 2 miles to Park Road 10, then one mile south on Park Road 10.  Follow SCA signs from park entrance.

    From San Antonio & Other Parts South:  Take I-35 north to exit 204B in San Marcos (Hwy. 80) and go right.  Follow Hwy. 80 to Hwy. 20 in Fentress, go North on FM 20 (turn left).  Follow to Park Road 10, then one mile south on Park Road 10.  Follow SCA Signs from park entrance.

    Visit http://ffynnon-gath.ansteorra.org/ for map.

    NOTE:  Minors must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. They may also attend with a 21 year or older adult with a signed

    and notarized Minor Event Waiver Form from the parents.   Non-member surcharge will be collected.  Checks payable to SCA

    Inc./ Shire of Ffynnon Gath .

    Other Info:  Site is wet in period containers only.  No pets allowed, service animals only.