[Ravensfort] Notes from the Business Meeting

kclement at verizon.net kclement at verizon.net
Tue Apr 17 19:55:15 PDT 2007

Greetings unto the Populace!
For all interested parties, here are the Herald's notes from the Business
Meeting for 4/16/07.

As the Seneschal opened the meeting, she brought up two points for discussion,
namely the ongoing debate concerning the new policy of requiring background
checks, and the question of whether or not the officers' e-mail list is
neccessary or should be retired.

-The idea of background checks was applauded by one and all despite some
ongoing questions about the details.  The Seneschal and B&B promised to
closely monitor the situation and update the populace as needed.

-Due to the very light traffic on the Officers' List, it was brought up that
it might be superfluous and could be discarded.  After discussion, it was
decided to keep the list, despite lack of use, as a way for
officers to discuss anything that might arise that must be decided before the
monthly meeting.  Also, anyone who wanted to get on the list, to keep from
missing anything, could simply sign up for one of the multitude of Officer or
Deputy positions available (on an, um, unrelated note, your Herald is looking
for a deputy.....hint, hint).

Officer Reports-

Herald:  I will be field heralding at the Stargate event this weekend.  Anyone
who would like to try out field heralding (the easiest of the three heraldic
endeavors) please come see me at the list table.  Also, I've been helping Lord
Devin with his Gaelic name.  Any other inquires, please contact me.

Chronicler:  The new Quoth will be out with a fascinating topic- Sex in the
Middle Ages!  Stay tuned.

A&S:  The Minister's warrant is up soon and he's looking for a replacement.
Any takers, please contact Lord Ivan.  Also, there is a brewing contest coming
up, contact the minister for details.

Reeve:  We have money!  (there was much rejoicing).  Also, the Reeve needs
deputy.

Marshall:  There will be a group practice with Gates Edge at their site on 5/
20 and another in June.  More cross barony practices are planned, as well as
some with other areas, like Shadowlands.

Hospitaler:  There were several newcomers, both at the meetings and online.
Also, it was pointed out that the Baronial website is out of date.

B&B:  Both were very happy with increased activity at fighter practice and
with the other areas of Raven's Fort as well.

Old Business:  There are work weekends coming up at the Stones, including new
paint jobs needed and at least one big tree that must come down.

New Business:  We may be putting a bid for Crown Tourney for October.  More
details to follow.

Meeting ends.