[Ravensfort] BEING PERIOD AND HAVING FUN

AmberRaven gwyneth_de at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 4 09:26:18 PDT 2007

HI!!! All!!!
  Many of you know me but to some I am new to you.I have been in the SCA for many years but because of Job and Family I got a little lost along the way.But for many years my family was the local SCA members.I had more in common with the people in the Schire and then the Barony then with my own family.And alot of that was because we were a family.We enjoyed being together.And when we were together we did Calligraphy, Period Dance, Costuming,Weaving,you name it and some times we just had a little get together.We had fun and we learned and shared our knowledge.That was what kept the SCA exciting for me learning and shearing.Yes, I tried to be as Period as I could and tried to keep the mundane to a minimum.When I did something I would ask myself If I was a 12th cent.Woman what would I do.And would read to try to discover what I would have done at that time.And I studied all aspects of life at that time not just a couple of things.What they wore ,what they ate what they did in
 their daily life.It brought that time period alive for me.
  I have seen People show up at events with period pavilions.Period beds,hand carved wooden  boxes containing there very period hand stitched garb.That Is all great if you have the time and money to pull that off.I cannot, so I will do the best that I can.And if I can have a little fun with people that I enjoy being with, Learning and sharing knowledge with  that is even better.
  In Service to the Barony
  Ldy Gwyneth