[Ravensfort] Defender and it's Champions

HOFFPAUIR, DAVID R ENV_DRH at shsu.edu
Wed Apr 18 09:16:29 PDT 2007

I'm not too certain just how accurate I am here, but it seems that some
of our pass alongs have not come home.  Just to get straight on what's
been donated over the years, I'd suggest we, especially the
former/current B&B's, put our heads together on an inventory.  By all
rights, the items should be on the 'Official Inventory of Baronial
Property,' but I suspect they are not.

One approach may be to start with something we do know, i.e. a list the
Champions, then work backwards on a list of items and their last 'known'
recipient.  Maybe a chronology of champions, compiled from 'The Quoth'
over the past 10 years or so, would be a good start.

I think all would agree that recognition of our champions is VERY
IMPORTANT.  They are THE free advertising for just how great our events
are, but more important is OUR duty to the Champions themselves, which
is reflected in gratitude symbolized by the tradition of our pass
alongs.  The pass along items, in that sense, are our heritage, and
express pride in ourselves as a Barony.

Loot prizes are easy; stuff from Wal-Mart, like books, baskets, trim,
candles, and sheep.  Scrolls are a reflection of pride as well, but done
more as a community coming together to support a common goal. The
creation of such and how it 'gets done' is an entirely different matter.

dsd