[Ravensfort] Defender and it's Champions

Paul Gilbert niklas at pbgilbert.net
Thu Apr 19 16:40:51 PDT 2007

Hi....

I will see if Kezia still has her files on the champions and pass downs.

She and Berta had researched them quite a ways back. I am pretty sure we
still have the info on the ones during our tenure.

Niklas

HOFFPAUIR, DAVID R wrote:
> I'm not too certain just how accurate I am here, but it seems that some
> of our pass alongs have not come home.  Just to get straight on what's
> been donated over the years, I'd suggest we, especially the
> former/current B&B's, put our heads together on an inventory.  By all
> rights, the items should be on the 'Official Inventory of Baronial
> Property,' but I suspect they are not.
>
> One approach may be to start with something we do know, i.e. a list the
> Champions, then work backwards on a list of items and their last 'known'
> recipient.  Maybe a chronology of champions, compiled from 'The Quoth'
> over the past 10 years or so, would be a good start.
>
> I think all would agree that recognition of our champions is VERY
> IMPORTANT.  They are THE free advertising for just how great our events
> are, but more important is OUR duty to the Champions themselves, which
> is reflected in gratitude symbolized by the tradition of our pass
> alongs.  The pass along items, in that sense, are our heritage, and
> express pride in ourselves as a Barony.
>
> Loot prizes are easy; stuff from Wal-Mart, like books, baskets, trim,
> candles, and sheep.  Scrolls are a reflection of pride as well, but done
> more as a community coming together to support a common goal. The
> creation of such and how it 'gets done' is an entirely different matter.
>
> dsd

Paul Gilbert, KE5ZW             H.E. Niklas Vasilevich
niklas at pbgilbert.net      CB,CSM,KGA,OTR,ORH,Crane,AoA
512-733-3035 Cellular             Kingdom of Ansteorra

            Society for Creative Anachronism

     Texas Dept. Of Transportation, Radio Operations
      Austin, Texas                  512-506-5141
                pgilber at dot.state.tx.us

                "The Eagle has landed"
  "Sable, a double-headed eagle, a bordure engrailed or"