[Ravensfort] Populace

Berta Allen bertasdragonfly at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 25 13:49:26 PDT 2007

An interesting point is that I spoke with Ayla about someone (pick one) bringing a couple of blankets to spread out on the floor area to each mtg, after the last populace mtg so that the kids could have their own space... very much what you mention in your e-mail below.  Thank you for your input & excellent ideas!!

  regards,
  Chrystal

CAC <giovanna51 at yahoo.com> wrote:
    Hello everyone, While I understand the noise level at Populace can be challenging at times I would like to share a possible solution. When Pace and I were in the Loch, the parents who brought their children also brought blankets for the floor and several different types of toys, coloring books etc. for the children to entertain themselves with at meetings. They brought enough to share and the children had great fun with it. Having taught 4 year olds for 20 years I can understand that children have a different idea of noise level etc. They get excited when they see new playmates, new place, smiling faces etc. A young child cannot sit quiet for an extended period of time with nothing to do. Sooner or later they are going to wander and try to entertain themselves one way or another. I would hate to loose valuable Populace members who we need to keep our Barony strong and cohesive as a family unit.
    On every family vacation I brought several brown grocery bags with new toys, markers, books etc. in them. I kept them hidden until my children began to get bored with driving and then I would pull one bag out and it would last for several days until I had to get another out!  Now my children are grown and fondly talk of 'the bags' and how they are going to do that when they have a family one day. Anyway, thanks for letting me ramble, I just felt strongly about this subject. Maybe we can brainstorm as a Barony and see what we can do about the problem. Hey, I even know some adults who may need a "brown bag" to keep quiet during Populace! Ha! Hmmm, food for thought!  In service and love, Giovanna

  "Noli simul flare sorbereque"