[Ravensfort] Site Work Results

m meaux m_meaux05 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 13 17:34:14 PDT 2007

What a shame I couldn't be there.  If it was half as fun as the last one, I know I missed out.

Yeah, running ahead of schedule.  Try to think positive!  *grin*  It is a good thing.  And keep in mind that we are pulling together and you have back-ups!!

I am awaiting a response from the KMoC about Children's stuff.  As soon as I hear anything I will let you know.

Is there anything else I can do?  Or anyone for that matter?  Just let me know.

I will definitely be at the next one.

Vivat Workers!!  Vivat Event Stewards!!  Vivat go Raven's Fort!!

In service,
Mary of Axefoot

Dan Smith Jr <alaric at consolidated.net> wrote:         Once again, the barony came together to  prove that we can move mountains.  That is, assuming the mountains are made  of small debris , wood, or pine needles.  The site work is going  great.  I keep hearing that we're "running ahead of schedule", which makes  me very, very nervous...

 We accomplished :

 1.  Swept roofs of kitchen and storage unit,  moved needle debris to bonfire area
 2.  Disassembled and stored the metal tent  uprights to reduce oxidation
  3.  Further organized debris around kitchen  area.  Moved siege engine and restacked "boats" (round metal  rings)

 4.  Preliminary cleaning / organizing  inside the kitchen
 5.  Preliminary cleaning of the shower  barrels
 6.  Moved showers to area discussed at  meeting.  Mowed shower area
 7.  Inspected the pulleys on our main tent  posts
 8.  Finished the tree removal on the  equestrian field
 9.  Demolished the three spools near bonfire  and added their wood to the fire pile
 10.  Mowed Sweincamp as well as a few other  main camping areas
 11.  Repaired the broken table that was  originally crafted by Cedric
 12.  Preliminary inspection / setting up of  the Stones

 I am proud to thank all of you that came out and  made the weekend such a success :

 Their Excellencies Brian and Fionna
 Ivan
 Pace'
 Devin
 Marius
 Tareija
 Mirabelis
 Walla Walla
 Aeonghas
 Kailek
 Lowtar
 Gundy
 Zork
 Runa
 Shanahan
 Terrence

 The main mowing will pull alot of our work  together.  I am currently under the impression we will have three  brushhogs.  We have one official workday left, September 8th and 9th.   This will be our busiest weekend, as there are many jobs that must be saved  until then.  I would list them, but you would fear the list and run.   We will also have a team out there early on Friday, September 14.  The  event is only 1 month away...  32 days away...   768 hours  away....  46,080 minutes away...  2,764,800 seconds away (which sounds  like FOREVER) ...

 Till then,    Alaric