[Ravensfort] The Watchful Bird, a riddle

byzytym byzytym at charter.net
Fri Sep 7 05:57:07 PDT 2007

Congratulations to Baroness Chrystal who solved the riddle.

Pax,
MARIVS

"what shall it profit a man,
if he shall gain the whole world,
and lose his own soul ?"

>> I hope you enjoyed my little mind twister.  The answer to The Watchful Bird  / A riddle by Lord Marivs Atreidae is The Stone with our Baronial device painted on it that stands on site, next to the steps of the Baronial dais.  Here are the clues revealed. <

A stone seated raven

>> there is a raven painted on The Stone <

with a central view

>> The Stone originally stood in "Raven's Fort Central" <

watched long years passed by

>> The Stone was placed there for Baroness Alex over a decade ago <

Sanding alone

>> when no one is on site <

all secrets known

>> The Stone was witness to all happenings on site <

to the site

>> not spelled sight <

of its one peering eye

>> the raven is painted in profile <

Assassins are crafty,

>> I painted The Stone and was a liaison for the Assassins Guild <

they crept

>> I originally set The Stone when no one else was on site <

and they hide the signature of their red art

>> I signed The Stone on the bottom in red <

So then laid to rest where royal bones nest

>> Nobles often camped in "Raven's Fort Central" <

near the fire deep in our heart

>> the bonfire is right next to "Raven's Fort Central", the heart of our site <

Baronesses with excellent dresses and their Barons they come and they go

>> Raven's Fort has had four sets of B & Bs since The Stone was made <

A parade of the masses, all of both classes and still the bird takes in the show

>> The Stone has seen everyone that has attended our events <

But seasons they change

>> needs change and the B & Bs quit camping in "Raven's Fort Central" <

and winter it thaws and hope blooms in the new growth

>> there are hopes for greater unity in Raven's Fort right now <

>From shadow to light

>> The Stone was moved from under trees to the edge of the sunny list-field <

now standing up right by the faithful that come for an oath

>> It now stands by the raised dais where the Nobles receive fealty <

The Assassin returns

>> I returned to move The Stone to its new user friendly location <

with the hand of a Saint

>> Baron David Saint David helped me move it <

to up root and feathers they flew

>> the painted bird feathers flew in the back of DSD's pickup to its new location <

And where they now settle, well that is the riddle,

>> if you figured out where it is you solve what it is as well <

in sight of more than a few

>> The Stone is now placed in front of all that attend court or feast <

Oh, Where can I be  And What can I be  Or Who can I possibly be

>> the riddle asked <

I look to my past

>> The Stone faces the place where it originally stood <

and across the green grass

>> the list-field is in between the old and new locations <

with the raven's eye fix on me