[Ravensfort] The Devil comes!

HOFFPAUIR, DAVID R ENV_DRH at shsu.edu
Wed Sep 12 08:08:58 PDT 2007

***Warning Bulgarity Alert***

The Lord of the Manor would have me announce...

Things are not so dread as first reported.  Our scouts are Bulgarian,
and much was lost in translation.

It seems that something called the "Essie A" has made arrangements to
host a mighty Baron upon lands to our north.  Although I have never
heard of this "Essie A" they appear to be kind and giving, welcoming all
to their humble gathering.

This Noble Baron and his Gracious Baroness will host a joust, it seems
and a country fair with Elephants and lawn darts.  There will be court
and feast and merriment.  All that is asked is that we dress in our best
'funny cloths,' tithe them a "Sir charge," and show respect to the
nobles.

Since the Saracens have no cloths and even fewer manners, their
attendance will be limited to after hours.  The Gongfermers should clean
up well enough, but are advised to not go hugging on all the girls.
Leather and bunny fur are acceptable, but leave your chains at home.

The Lord of the Manor will provide bubbles.  Since there has been
previous claims to the invention of bubbles, the LoTM requests that
EVERYONE bring bubbles so that he might evaluate the validity of such
claims.  Thereby we shall have a "bubble-off."  The winner shall be
granted title in our lands as Mr. Bubble.

The Lord of the Manor would have me further announce...

With all the sadness and trauma going on in the world at the moment, it
is worth reflecting on the death of a very important person, which
almost went unnoticed a few weeks ago.

Larry LaPrise, the man who wrote "The Hokie Pokey" died peacefully at
the age of 93. The most traumatic part for his family was getting him
into the coffin. They put his left leg in. And then the trouble
started...

Regards,
dsd