[Ravensfort] site work etc.

SFT2 sftester2 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 12 13:50:24 PDT 2008

Karen Picou wrote:
>> One thing I have seen used at event to light roads are glow sticks
>> (Most party stores have them and are cheap) they work well and do
>> not damage cars and are easy to pick up they were just tied to
>> stakes.. Just a thought Ophelia

Light sticks are good. Can't cause a fire, will last all night if you get
the right ones, and put off enough light to see whatever they're marking.
White paper bags with a few yellow lightsticks in them might work nicely for
lighting paths without looking too horribly mundane. I'll dig up a link to a
place that has them for less than the usual insane local prices. Never pay
more than $1 for a standard output 8 or 12 hour lightstick. I usually buy
'em for around $5/dozen. A buck is normal for the high output 1 hour sticks
that wouldn't do us any good.

Hmm, wonder if I could design a simple circuit board that would snap on top
of a 9v and run a few LEDs, with a phototransistor to turn them off during
the day. Too late to get a batch of boards made and soldered, but could be
good for the future.

Reflective tape around trees/posts and reflectors on a steek are both good
on the road in, too. People will have their headlights on so they'll at
least have a chance to avoid hitting something. Reflective thumbtacks are
great for marking footpaths. We need to do that in Swein camp, actually.
Reflective rope would be awesome, but it's not easy to find and costs a
fortune.
--
Gundy
"If you're normal the crowd will accept you, but if you're deranged the