[Ravensfort] Rivers Fort

Sher M runa.herd at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 17 09:01:56 PST 2008

Giovanna had an idea while we were playing in the mud at Gate.  We were trying to piece together a limerick that would 'fit' our Mud Melees.  We tossed several lines back and forth but then when we got to Alaric's we couldn't remember anything other than Rivers Fort.

Here are the "rules"

A limerick is a five-line poem written with one couplet and one triplet. If a couplet is a two-line rhymed poem, then a triplet would be a three-line rhymed poem. The rhyme pattern is a a b b a with lines 1, 2 and 5 containing 3 beats and rhyming, and lines 3 and 4 having two beats and rhyming. Some people say that the limerick was invented by soldiers returning from France to the Irish town of Limerick in the 1700's.

Note:  Most limericks are 'dirty'.

There once was a barony called Rivers Fort
They all gathered for a good sport
When the rains struck
All vehicles got stuck
And Tahoe the Dragon liberated the Fort

Perhaps we should 'issue' a Rain Drop award to all who showed up.

Runa the Tired & The Thundering Herd
www.bedlambazaar.com
http://thethunderingherd.net