[Ravensfort] star gazing opportunity.....

byzytym byzytym at charter.net
Tue Feb 19 22:50:49 PST 2008

I just checked the weather and you are right.  More rain is coming to the
east Texas swamps.  It does look like there will be a break in the clouds
tomorrow for the McDonald Observatory in Fort Davis.  If we leave by eight
AM this morning we will just make it.

...And I agree, The Stones would not be a good choice right now with the
ground soooooo soggy.

It would still be nice to have an active local StarGazers Guild.  Any excuse
to gather with our fellow Ravens in such a setting is a good idea no matter
where we meet.  We use to set up a grill and cook while the planets and
stars danced in the sky.  (Have you ever tasted Dom's leg of lamb ??  Wow
!!)  I still think Saint David Saint David would be a great choice to head
the guild as he does keep up with the heavenly crawl.  He also has his own
relationship with the land owners and his own access to The Stones.
(Besides that, he's a really nice guy with a kind heart and a groovy
girlfriend.)

Keep your fingers crossed that we will be lucky and get a peek at the moon
through the clouds.

Pax,
MARIVS

"what shall it profit a man,