[Ravensfort] news

CAC giovanna51 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 22 10:59:38 PST 2008

Congratulations are in order! Lady Marie de Meaux has been warranted as our newest Minister of Arts and Sciences. Vivat Lady Marie!   She is full of wonderful ideas for our Barony. We will hear of them at our next Populace meeting Feb.7. And many thanks to Lord Ivan for his past service in this position. Vivat Lord Ivan!
  If you haven't sent me your Order of Precedence please do so now or at the next Populace meeting.
  Last night's business meeting was well attended with 18 enthusiastic members. Ideas were swarming around our table as we discussed our upcoming event and future plans for our Barony. I sat back amazed at times listening to all of the conversations  and laughter and was totally inspired with the energy shown.
  Our newest member Lady Eleanor is very interested in organizing a scribal guild for our Barony. We were very excited and impressed when she brought out a box full of beautiful scrolls done by her own hand. She is very knowledgeable and obviously  very talented in this art as well. We look forward to seeing this guild develop and grow.
   Lady Eleanor will make our feast tokens for Melees and Baron Brian will take care of site tokens. Please sign up for gate.
  The first work weekend is this one coming up. Be there or be mundanely square!  :)
  Lord Pace our new Hospitaler will work with our guild leaders to deputize them as Hospitalers. We want everyone working on teaching and having the paperwork to offer potential newcomers. He will have a table set up at Melees with  brochures for newcomers also.
  No equestrian activites will be held at our upcoming Melees. Baron Brian will explain this change at Populace.
  Our Baronial Guard will have a sewing day possibly on Feb. 3. More details to follow. Anyone wishing to join the Guard should do now.
  A waterbearing class will be held this Sat. at 10am at the Stones by me. Since our event is very spread out this time much help will be needed in this effort.
  We have 2 extra sets of loaner armor at fighter practices.
  We have put in for our choice of date for our spring event 2009. I will inform you of the date when it is approved
  Anything I have forgotten can be covered at Populace.
  In Service, Giovanna