[Ravensfort] Tuesday nights practice

Catie Clark cat at rocks4brains.com
Wed Sep 10 20:19:27 PDT 2008

mike dowdy wrote:

> no new fighters.. that was just us old folks.. no need to worry,
> we are looking for *zombie moan* -want- need - fresh mea.. err umm new
> fighters.
> I am confident the knights marshal will/and has made sure all the
> proper paperwork/rules are in order. Had he not been there, then we
> would have taken steps to ensure it was a official practice. As a
> centurian and a squire to sir rhodri, I take that as a personal
> responcibilty to not only fight, learn, and teach, but also protect
> the fighting community . <<snippage here>>
> Michael

well, the last time this old sea lawyer looked at the rules, it
didn't say what kingdom a marshal's warrant had to be from
in order for a marshal to be present to have an official practice...
(I should double check the Ansteorra rules before anyone goes
to town on that...)
My marshal-at-large warrant in Artemisia is good for 2
more years, and you can call Duke Alan (the Earl Marshal)
if you need to verify, but I carry the paperwork in my wallet
regardless (and was surprised when no one asked to see my
my card last night, but no big deal...).  Should I grab some
Ansteorran standard fighter waiver stuff to keep in the car,
just in case, for the next time I show up (ie next Tuesday)?

hmmm...guess I should get off my duff and get to work on
getting an Ansteorra marshal-at large warrant in place, not to
mention getting some real Ansteorran authorization sign-offs too.
It's always such a pain in the butt moving to a new kingdom in
terms of getting up to speed on a new fighter culture (this will be
the 6th kingdom I will have authorized in, for the record...  arg!)

New fighters: well, he's not exactly new, but he's been out of
fighting long enough that his authorization lasped in 2006.  After
I got home from practice last night, I was enthused enough about
practice that the infamous too-shy-for-his-own-good Sean said
he'd go look at his harness and get it up to "passing armour
inspection" standards (which for all practical purposes means
he looks at it and I get to fix it...arg!)  (good thing he doesn't
subscribe to this list yet... ;-))  In real terms, I think we can
expect to see Sean in armour within the month.

To that effect:
I have foam with decent damping characteristics but need some
with good spring characteristics to repad his helm.  Anyone know
where I can get some shipping crate foam?  (Please, no "blue
sleeping pad foam," not unless you want the lecture on the
engineering dynamics of concussions.  It's good to humor the
science geek...  ;-))

ttfn
Therasia von RattanAddict