[Ravensfort] Saturday August 1-Work Weekend & Banners

Sher M runa.herd at earthlink.net
Sat Aug 1 21:09:59 PDT 2009

Plachoya, Brian, Alaric arrived with chainsaws in hand.  Pace, Giovanna, Rosalia, Tarajia, and Michelle (sp?) manned, err make that manned and womaned the cut up logs and branches.  They were loaded into Brian's truck and either hauled to the burn pile or stacked for future firewood.  DSD rode the roaring dragon and bullied bush & logs into the burn pile.  Myself... I tried to stay out of their way and to refrain from getting hurt as I usually do.  We had a visitor with his young son... HELP!  I can't remember his name.  Okay so I'm old and I have brain farts from time to time.   A great deal of work was accomplished.  The two new wooden sided stalls were marked and the poles will be set on Sunday thanks to DSD's wonderful dragon with its auger tooth.

Later some of us removed ourselves to Bedlam Bazaar for Banner/Pennon making.  Giovanna straightened one of her pieces of fabric and with a little finagling she got 3 pennons cut out.  She also got the white (i.e. silver) plate painted onto them.  She left with a raven design to trace onto the plates.  Her pennons will have one painted side and the other side plain.  The sample pennon was completed and given to our Baron to carry into battle (or to smack someone with).  Angelia (sp?-never said I could spell) cut out a stencil for future use.  Amelia was given some pennon shaped fabric to create pennons for Brian to carry into battle.  A friend of mine of 36 years came to the shop, Faye B., she explained the various ways to transfer designs to fabric for painting, stenciling and so forth.

Mike Gamber (new site Land Owner) came with VNV in tow.  He and I discussed the ways to appliqué designs onto banners and pennons.  Apparently his Lady Wife is extremely well versed in the art of appliqué.  Note to Mike:  I will find the reverse appliqué link for her and send it to you.

For those wishing the information I will make copies of a handout I got from the Collegium and bring to Populace.  It explains the differences between banners, pennons, etc.  If you are making your pennons/banners at home PLEASE remember if you are putting the plate and raven on both sides to remember that the Raven ALWAYS (at least on ours) has his beak to the right.

If desired we can setup another weekend to do banners and pennons, or even a weekday for those who work weekends.

Runa The Very Tired

Sher Montgomery & The Thundering Herd
http://runa-herd.livejournal.com
www.bedlambazaar.com