[Ravensfort] Saturday August 1-Work Weekend & Banners

byzytym byzytym at att.net
Sat Aug 1 22:38:19 PDT 2009

We got a good bit done at the Gundy Site today as well.  We started out by moving the Dome of Saint Martin to an astatically more pleasing, higher location in the Tavern.  Michael sold me a power-blaster hose and gun he had from a past machine at a better than brother in-law price so I was able to finish cleaning the Dome.  It is now ready for paint.  James, I'll bring you blaster back at populace.  Thanks so much for the use.

I picked up over 500 feet of thick wire from Saint Martin and brought it our to the Gundy Site today.  We had hoped that we could run power to the Tavern area with it, but it turned out to be high grade underground cable main-line wire.  Michael is going to try to trade or sell it to finance the electric wire we need to bring power to our events.

On a personal note, when I was on my way to the site I got a call from my wife telling me that our second nest of peacock eggs were hatching.  Unfortunately two of the chicks were in trouble and the peahen was not helping.  I made a U and headed back to the home-front.  By the time I got there one of the peachicks had already freed itself but couldn't find mom.  The second runt was having a hard time breaking its shell.  I could hear it peeping inside as soon as I picked up the egg.  It had made one tiny hole that it was breathing through but the shell was too thick for it to do more.  I had to carefully peel the shell off chip by chip until the poor little thing was out and able to stretch.  Then came the hard part... getting the two late-comers under mom without her drawing blood protecting the two she was already sitting on.  Long story sorta short, I got 'em under and I am hoping to see four wee ones following around mom in the morning.

All in all it sounds like it was a good day for everyone north and south.  It is my understanding that a crew will be back at The Stones tomorrow morning again.  Please join in the fun and achievements.
Long live the Ravens.

Peace,
Vlod NotVlad