[Ravensfort] My Vote Regarding The Bees

byzytym byzytym at att.net
Wed Aug 5 10:30:44 PDT 2009

I killed the last hive.   (After suffering several stings at the work weekend before. )  It was a night  assault.  They were under pine-straw at the bottom of a tree.  I poured regular gas on them.  When I started pouring they started buzzing, but none flew out.  They just don't leave the hive at night.  By the time I finished pouring the buzzing had died to silence.  The results were immediate.

My suggestion is to do the same.  Yes, it is dangerous.  It would need to be done at night when no one at all is around.  ( but a spotter to make sure the person doing the pouring does not get into trouble )  If the gas is poured on the top of the whole dais the gas will seep through the cracks and get them all.  I believe it is the fumes that kills them.  If the gas is poured at the beginning of the night and week, the gas will have time to evaporate before anyone can wander up and cause an explosive problem.  We could even post a dated sign explaining to stay away.  The gas should not harm the Dais and there will be not lingering danger to anyone that there would be if we used poison on the whole thing.

Well, that is my two cents.  Saint David, I will be glad to be the spotter or pour-person if you like.  Other than that, we could fork over the money to pay a professional to come out to do it.  Anyone want to foot that bill ?

In service,
V NV