[Ravensfort] Fw: [Gatesedge] Fwd: [Bordermarch] Passing of Don Henri / Fw: [WSA] Sad Tidings

Jacinth de Warwick jaycinth2 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 30 07:30:54 PST 2009

Such a loss of a fine person.  I knew Jeff since the 5th grade when we shared a desk in History.  When I remember him, I see him with his dirty blonde curls from before he had chemo.  When he surfaced in Raven's Fort at a party that John was having at his apartment, I had just come from work and had two carving knives in my hands and was still wearing my apron from The Feed Store and I'm sure I looked like an axe murderer with all the barbecue sauce staining me.  I hadn't seen him in years, and he was sans-curls, but how could I forget him.  He said he had been treated for testicular cancer, and I could see he had such a fire in him to live.  Truly, I think he made the best of the hand dealt to him and had such a dignity and humour that was a fine example of how to live one's life.  He went on to be fine Don, despite it all.  Carpe Diem!

-J.