[Ravensfort] Rapier New comers tournament @ Yule

Lemoine Beers loco.cerveza at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 03:52:35 PDT 2009

I was thinking if Don Charles is willing, about running a new comers
Rapier Tournament at Yule. This way the new rapier fighters can get
there feet wet in tournament fighting as well as some of the older
fighters learn how to run a list.

What I was thinking would be a Swiss Five, so each of the new fighters
could fight in each of the five styles that Rapier offers. Here is the
order I would like to run the list in. Using the terms from Giacomo di
Grassi's Manual.

1) Of the Sword ( Single Sword )
2) Of the Case of Swords ( Case )
3) Of the Sword and Dagger ( Sword and Dagger )
4) Of the Sword and Buckler ( Sword and Buckler )
5) Of the Sword and Cloak ( Sword and Cloak )

The tournament would be a first blood tournament. It has been forever
since I have last seen a first blood tournament that is why I want to
run it that way. Also it will let Don Charles know who is ready for a
fighter card and those that still need help in area of safety.

This is just an idea and I am open to suggestions and advice. So
please give me feedback.

In Service
Lemoine de Gascony MKA"L.D. Beers" loco.cerveza at gmail.com