[Ravensfort] Populace meeting

Sdw Sdw sdw_texas at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 4 00:09:30 PDT 2010

Greetings,

I have also heard that the equestrian people who visited the site at Crown Tournament was not happy about the secondary southern site either. There was concerns about not enough room and safety issues, which also made me think about the archery people too. There might not be enough room for them either. I think the southern site is ok for a Crown Tournament or even a Queens Champion , you known a single category type event, but i don't think one could host a larger event out there such as a Defender.

  As for other concerns such as officer positions: I think there are at least two people who have put in for the seneschal position. Lady Klar of the Misty Vale has just been appointed the new herald. I also think ( and i could be wrong, at least one person is considering putting in for the reeves position.) One other person is thinking about putting in an application when it comes time for the chroniclers position, but depends if that person gets another office before then. If I'm not mistaken, Lady Runa expressed interest in the Knights Marshal position, or maybe she was stirring up interest in the position for others to put in for the position. I personally think Lady Runa would be a really cool Knights Marshal (you go girl). Don't let me discourage anyone for putting in for a office I have just mentioned. Having several applications for every office really looks good. It shows the Kingdom officials that there is lots of interest in our group and
 that we're strong and viable.

IT  WOULD BE NICE IF SOME OF THE NEWER PEOPLE WOULD STEP UP TO THE PLATE AND PUT IN FOR A OFFICE.   In saying that , we are a voluntary society and we can' make anyone do anything that they do not want too. But it would be nice if they would step up to the plate. On a personal level I have put in for a Local position and another position  on a higher level, just trying to do my part. I personally feel that the barony is doing just fine for now. I don't think its in any danger of going away.

At this time I issue a challenge to all the new people and even some of the older ones who have not held an office in a couple of years to step up to the plate and serve your local group. Any one up for a challenge? If you are here is the kingdom website to download your office application.  http://www.ansteorra.org/publications/forms/      Any takers? Come on... Go for it... You'll love it...

In Service to my Kingdom and Barony,
Your humble servant,
Lord Malcolm De Crauford