[Ravensfort] Populace issues - another thought

Sher M runa.herd at earthlink.net
Sat Aug 7 16:46:00 PDT 2010

There are so many things that go on at Business/Officers Meetings especially getting ready for an event.  A summary is usually given at Populace.  I've seen meetings that took a while due to the sheer volume of info to go through.  I just don't see how a "brief" officers meeting after Populace will work.  Quite frankly I would be somewhat upset if I was the one that always had to travel.  I realize there are more officers living in Huntsville area however changing to a meeting after Populace is kinda like saying the Southern Part of Raven's Fort doesn't count enough to come here.

Populace is for meeting, visiting, learning.  Business/Officers Meeting is for taking care of things and getting it to a summary verison so members can be kept updated.  There have been good ideas and bad ideas presented at Officers.  That's where the kinks are worked out.  It is open to the members should they chose to attend.  Before I was an officer if something needed to be discussed I stepped outside.

Sorry but I really don't like the idea of meeting after or before Populace.  It seems like shutting the door in someone's face if something needs to be discussed before it's presented to the populace of the Barony.

Lady Runa of The Thundering Herd
http://www.bedlambazaar.com
http://bedlambazaar.blogspot.com
http://runa-herd.livejournal.com