[Ravensfort] Fw: pretender to ravensfort

Dominique Epps blueingreen at sbcglobal.net
Mon Nov 8 15:49:53 PST 2010

I like the idea of a pinata ;)
Kitsune

--- On Mon, 11/8/10, HerrDetlef <herrdetlef at gmail.com> wrote:

From: HerrDetlef <herrdetlef at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Ravensfort] Fw: pretender to ravensfort
To: "Sher M" <runa.herd at earthlink.net>
Cc: "Barony of Raven's Fort" <ravensfort at lists.ansteorra.org>
Date: Monday, November 8, 2010, 11:01 AM

The hat should be kept in a safe place in the baronial guard's custody.

Hanse Kleermaker's claim centers on the fact that, when he received an award from the hands of King Miguel and Queen Conal, the herald inadvertently read the award text, not as "so given IN our Barony of Raven's Fort," but as "so given our Barony of Raven's Fort."

Three things:

Their Excellencies the Baron and Baroness of Raven's Fort were duly invested by King Jason and Queen Sareid since this alleged incident.

Their Excellencies also made an oath of homage to the Crown by placing their hands on the Sword of State. Legally, Baron Brian du Val and Mistress Fionna ni Chellaigh are the rightful Baron and Baroness of Raven's Fort.

Since his investiture, Brian du Val has been repeatedly acclaimed by the populace as Baron of Raven's Fort (and Mistress Fionna as Baroness of Raven's Fort). Who has acclaimed Hanse Kleermaker's claim?

A pretender who has never made an oath of homage in connection with the Barony of Raven's Fort, whose claim has subsequently been superceded by the Crown (unless someone would like to call the validity of Jason II's claim to the Ansteorran thrones into question).

It's rather bold to call someone a pretender who was duly invested by the Crown of Ansteorra. To do so would be to call the authority of the Ansteorran Crown into question, would it not?

Is there a way we could place the hat inside a pinata (are they even period???) the weekend of the Baronial Investiture in March, and HAVE AT IT??? :-)

Detlef