[Ravensfort] Fw: [Ansteorra-announce] Bryn Gwlad Baronial....Your LAST Chance!

Sher M runa.herd at earthlink.net
Mon Oct 18 07:06:16 PDT 2010

To: Ansteorra-Announce at ansteorra.org ; Barony of Bryn Gwlad
Sent: Sunday, October 17, 2010 10:45 PM
Subject: [Ansteorra-announce] Bryn Gwlad Baronial....Your LAST Chance!

Greetings unto Ansteorra from His Excellency of Bryn Gwlad!

As many may have heard, Her Excellency Gwenneth and I will be stepping down as Baroness and Baron of Bryn Gwlad in February.  We have been most honored to have served in this way, this barony and this kingdom are truly amazing.

But before we step down, we will be hosting our annual Fall Baronial Championship in two weeks.  As this will be the last time I will be able to name my champion as Baron, this causes me to issue a reminder of what has happened since I became Baron of Bryn Gwlad.

2 years ago, we hosted our first baronial championship.  The armored list was won by Sir Hrafn.  A short time later, he became King Hrafn.

Last year, our second championship.  The armored list was won by Sir Jean Paul.  Now known as His Majesty Jean Paul.

As Baron of Bryn Gwlad, I have named two champions.  They have both gone on to win the next Crown.

There is an old saying in the SCA.  If something happens once, it is happenstance.  Twice, it is coincidence.  Three times...it is tradition!

So...I will issue this challenge to all those who would be Crown of our fair Kingdom.  You wish to be King?  Come to Bryn Gwlad, prove your worth first!

In service to Kingdom and Crown,
Avery Shaw (tongue mostly in cheek)
Baron of Bryn Gwlad

--