[Ravensfort] Thank you

SF Tester sftester2 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 07:09:54 PDT 2010

On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 7:13 AM, David Brown <lddevin03 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> To everyone so far who said they would help. I just can not believe that my
> landlord would do such a thing.
> It actually has nothing to do with finding a room mate. They said my place
> was 'infested' with fleas. I told her
> that there was no infestation and she said that when she and the pest
> control man came in here they were all
> over her. They came in here without letting me know....ummm...no, you can
> not do that.
> Excuse me? I live here and if I had fleas I would tell you...Baroness
> Chrystal was over last night and she said that there
> were no fleas on her. My landlord demanded proof that my dogs were on flead
> control. DEMANDED! Uhhh...you do
> not demand anything from me, you ask me. I think the fact that I told her
> she was wrong made her angry and now her husband wants me out of this place.
> Complicated...Thanks everyone for offering to help. I will keep you informed
> with a timeline as it goes.
>
> Devin

Was the eviction notice posted by the Constable? It sounds a whole lot
to me like an illegal eviction. Here's how it works:

1- Notice to vacate, in writing.
2- File of suit a minimum of 3 days after notice given.
3- Court. They have to prove that you violated the terms of your lease.
4- Writ of Possession. They have to win and give you 5 days to appeal,

In other words, if they just stuck a note on your door you don't have
to leave. Don't freak out just yet, just document everything, see if
you can get either an exterminator or vet to come over and make a
statement as to the supposed flea infestation, document conversation
including time/date, and, if possible, record all future
conversations. Now, if they're being such total dicks (not the good
kind) I'd find a new place to live anyway, and possibly file a small
claims suit against them for any/all costs imposed.
--
Gundy