[Ravensfort] Raven's Fort red ochre

Lemoine Beers loco.cerveza at gmail.com
Mon Jan 10 09:33:41 PST 2011

Thank you Magnus I will remember that when I use a water binder for the
paint. LOL  :-) just kidding. When clay ochre are used as pigments it is the
amount of silica and iron in the clay that effects the color of the paint. I
can see what you are saying about the color of the clay when grinding it. I
will have to remember that when grinding pigments. Water is used when
grinding the pigment in to a powder the clay turned an orange color then
then when I mixed in the poppy seed oil and let it dry it returned to a more
stable color. In all seriousness Magnus I had know idea the water levels
effected the color of the clay. Thank You.

Lemoine de Gascoigne MKA"L.D. Beers" loco.cerveza at gmail.com