[Ravensfort] Defender Feast Update

Hoffpauir, David ENV_DRH at SHSU.EDU
Fri Jul 22 06:44:52 PDT 2011

Last night at Officer's Meeting we had a discussion on feast and the situation of having NO FEAST COORDINATOR (...eek! I gasp!).  All agree it would be bad form to not offer a meal to our guests.   So, we're just going to forge ahead with feast plans and hope someone steps forward to lead the effort.

I've said a few times that we want to keep the feast "as simple as possible" and to convey just how simple, below is the menu.  We have several cooks working on various parts of the meal. Most of the preparation will be done in advance of the event, in fact thanks to Dare, the chicken is done. For the most part it is all cold service items.

The final feast may vary slightly, but this is it in essense:

Antipasta cold course:

	-Salami
	-Cheeses
	-Roast Beef (thin slice)
	-Smoked chicken (thin slice)

-Pasta Salad with bell peppers, zuccini, mushroom, red onion, tomato

-Bean Salad with green beans, kidney beans

-Italian Wedding Soup (likely the only part prepared on Saturday)

-Bread, preferably chibatta, lightly baked

-Desert:  Honey cake

That's it, belly full.

Add water and swell.

DSD