[Ravensfort] Fw: [Ansteorra-announce] ANNOUNCEMENT FOR POSITON OF SOCIETY SENESCHAL AND VICE PRESIDENT OF OPERTIONS

Sher M runa.herd at earthlink.net
Mon Jul 11 11:21:57 PDT 2011

----- Original Message -----
From: "Leslie Luther-Fulton" <janefalada at hotmail.com>
To: "sca Announcements" <announcements at sca.org>
Sent: Monday, July 11, 2011 9:59 AM
Subject: [Ansteorra-announce] [Announcements] ANNOUNCEMENT FOR POSITON OF
SOCIETY SENESCHAL AND VICE PRESIDENT OF OPERTIONS

Thomas W. Hughes, President of the Society for Creative Anachronism, Inc.,
has announced that Board of Directors is seeking applicants for the position
of Society Seneschal and Vice President of Operations. Mr. Hughes writes:
The Board of Directors of the Society for Creative Anachronism is now
accepting applications for the position of Society Seneschal (Vice-President
for Operations). Society Seneschal and Vice President of Operations The
Board of Directors is accepting applications for the position of Society
Seneschal (Vice-President for Operations). This is a part-time, paid
position, which requires approximately thirty-two hours per week .As this
position is responsible for the operational aspects of the SCA, a solid
knowledge of our administration, procedures, and governing documents is
required. The Society Seneschal deals with large amounts of correspondence
(electronic, written and telephone) with all kingdom seneschals, royalty,
and corporate level offices, especially the Registrar (Vice-President for
Corporate Operations) and the Executive Assistant to the Board of Directors.
Applicants must be available for the four quarterly Board Discussion
Sessions per year (typically held on Fridays), held in addition to the four
Board meeting days per year (typically on Saturdays). As Thursdays and
Sundays tend to be travel days, each applicant must have sixteen days
available per year, of which eight are week days. Additional traveling may
be required. Availability for up to eight evening conference calls per year
(generally starting at 9:00 p.m. Eastern Time) is also required. The
successful candidate will plan, organize, attend, and facilitate a bi-annual
Kingdom Seneschal's symposium. The successful candidate will make 4 to 8
short-notice trips over weekends to conduct problem-solving activities at
Wars or Kingdom events. The successful candidate must be available to
provide periodic advice to the Seneschals and Royal Families of 19 Kingdoms.
This will incur a degree of time on the telephone and electronic mail. The
Society Seneschal and Vice President of Operations is responsible for
supervising sanction activity as described in Section X of Corpora, and the
Uniform Sanction Procedure as noted in the Seneschal handbook Applicants
must possess strong telephone skills, and be very capable of interacting
with unique SCA personalities. Ability to process and distill large amounts
of information from different sources is a must. Organizational and problem
solving skills are essential. Having held a kingdom or Principality level
office is required. Applicants must possess enough space at home for a
medium sized office, have immediate access to telephone, internet, personal
computer and printer, and possess word processing skills. Applicants should
have as a minimum three of the below skill sets/job experience in the modern
world:' Office management' Project management' Resource management'
Investigative skills' Technical writing' Teaching small and large groups of
students' Writing for large audiences' Mediation skills' Executive
management' Leading volunteer organizations Resumes (professional and
medieval, including awards and titles) must be sent to SCA Inc., Box 360789,
Milpitas CA 95036, or resumes at sca.org, no later than September 1, 2011.
are strongly encouraged and can be sent to:
SCA Inc.
Box 360789
Milpitas, CA 95036 You may also email comments at lists.sca.org. This
announcement is an official informational release by the Society for
Creative Anachronism , Inc. Permission is granted to reproduce this
announcement in its entirety in newsletters, websites and electronic mailing
lists.