[Ravensfort] The Stones site / water

byzytym byzytym at att.net
Thu Mar 24 09:04:00 PDT 2011

I was finally able to get onto the site yesterday
to fill water containers for our event.
There are four hundred plus gallons above the showers
( many thanks to Zorc, DSD and Michelle for their
help in relocating the tower to the shower area )
and two hundred gallons plus behind the kitchen.
This should be more than enough for the weekend.
Remember, this water is NOT for drinking.
If humans are going to consume water
it should come from a more sanitary source.

There are no barrels in my trailer this time.
Perhaps someone might volunteer to put a barrel
or two in their pickup as fire protection.

The Stones site looks pretty good.
The grass is still somewhat short and very green.
There are little flowers popping up everywhere.
Dead fall litters the ground under the trees,
but the open fields are clear and clean.
The only thing that really looks bad
is the rotting Dreaming Tree.
Even though there is no scheduled event
for the site in the next few months,
I would suggest that we make an effort
to remove this eye-sore in the VERY near future.
We could do it all in one day.
This weekend marks a transition in our Barony.
Cleaning up the disasters of our past will give us
a chance to clear our minds of the decay
that we have lived with for so long.
A fresh start and a fresh ordered look.
This of course is not my call,
simply my suggestion for a better tomorrow.

I will not get to the site until late Friday and Saturday evenings.
These will be first two days of framing on our new home.
Our builder has requested that I be around
to answer any questions that may arise.
Better to do it right the first time, rather than rip out and re-do.
I look forward to seeing you all for some late night
celebrations and libations.

Peace,
Volod NotVlad