[Ravensfort] Fw: Ansteorran Gazette March 2011

Sher M runa.herd at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 2 11:42:50 PST 2011

----- Original Message -----
From: Obelisk Herald
To: Star - Ansteorra
Sent: Wednesday, March 02, 2011 12:40 PM
Subject: Ansteorran Gazette March 2011

Ansteorran Gazette March 2011

Contents:

Letter From Star:
Greetings!

This letter marks the official opening of my office for applications. Obviously this is a required position; I will not be seeking an extension to my tenure, so the kingdom is in need! The duties of the office of Star Principal Herald are outlined in Kingdom Law, the Administrative Handbook for the College of Arms, and the Ansteorran College of Heralds and Scribes Administrative Handbook. You should be familiar with all three of these documents. While the College of Heralds and Scribes is a very diverse operation, the office of Star Principal is largely an administrative one. There are, however, plenty of opportunities for dabbling in court and other vocal heraldry, submissions, precedence, award constitutions, and such like. As a Greater Office of State, you should be well-versed in conflict-resolution and be able to wisely counsel the Crown.

Applications, including a copy of your membership card and photo ID, should be sent to the Crown, Laurel, and myself by April 30. Electronic scans are acceptable. I am more than happy to answer any questions you may have about the behind-the-scenes workings of the office.

Sharp eyes may notice an extra note from me in the February Black Star. Per the Administrative Handbook III.A.1 "...in the case of defunct Society branches...", we will be releasing the following branch names and armory. If you have any comments or concerns, please let me know as soon as possible.

1. An Loch, Shire of. Release of group name and device. Azure, a lymphad and on a chief wavy argent a laurel wreath vert.
2. Black Oak Keep, Incipient Shire of. Release of group name and device. Per bend sinister gules and azure, a bend sinister cotised and in dexter chief a laurel wreath Or.
3. Crossrode Keep, Shire of. Release of group name and device. Argent, on a saltire gules a tower Or, overall a laurel wreath vert.
4. Marche Sauvage, Incipient Shire of La. Release of group name and device. Sable, a laurel wreath argent within a stag's massacre and a bordure Or.
5. Middleford, Shire of. Release of group name and device. Bendy wavy gules and argent, a bridge of one arch sable within a laurel wreath vert.
6. Middleford, Shire of. Release of badge. Bendy wavy gules and argent, a bridge of one arch sable a bordure vert.
7. Rivers Run, Canton of. Release of group name and device. Or, a bend wavy azure between a laurel wreath vert and three thistles vert headed and tasseled purpure.
8. Stonebridge Keep, Shire of. Release of group name and device. Vert, on a pale azure fimbriated, in base a laurel wreath argent, overall in chief a single-arched bridge Or.
9. Tempio, Shire of. Release of group name and device. Azure, a Grecian temple within a laurel wreath argent.
10. Torre de los Brazos, Shire of. Release of group name and device. Azure, on a tower between in fess two swords Or, a laurel wreath vert, all within a bordure Or.
11. Wastelands, Shire of. Release of group name and device. Azure, two stalks of wheat in saltire surmounted by another palewise, all within a laurel wreath Or.
12. Wyndhame, Shire of. Release of group name.

And finally, If you are heading to Gulf Wars, think about stopping by Heralds Point and helping us out for a shift or two, or three, or....  Remember, you get volunteer points, and chocolate!

In service,
Emma de Fetherstan
Star Principal Herald

*******
STATUS OF ILoIs

ILoI 2010-09: Comments due October 10.
LoI 2010-10. Laurel meeting January.

ILoI 2010-10: Comments due November 10.
LoI 2010-11. Laurel meeting Feburary.

ILoI 2010-11: Comments due December 10.
LoI 2010-12. Laurel meeting March.

ILoI 2010-12: Comments due January 10.
LoI 2011-01. Laurel meeting April.

ILoI 2011-01: Comments due February 10.
LoI 2011-02. Laurel meeting May.

ILoI 2011-02: Comments due March 10.
Decision meeting and LoI March.

ILoI 2011-03: Comments due April 10.
Decision meeting and LoI April.

*******
Upcoming Decision Meetings:
* March At Home: Tentatively 3/26 at 2PM Coffee Waves, Corpuse Christi, TX
* April: Stargate Baronial April 9th. Time TBA - THIS IS A CHANGE FROM WIESENFEUER
* May: Steppes Warlord - Date/Time TBA

*******
Internal Letter of Intent 2011-03

2.    Beonne seo brune (Steppes, Barony of) New Name  New Badge
3.    Dmitri Davidovich Volkhovsky (Steppes, Barony of) New Name

ILoI 2011-03 can be found at http://herald.ansteorra.org/ILoI/iloi201103.pdf
and http://ace.heraldry.ansteorra.org/letter/view/43

*******
Annotated Internal Collated Commentary 2011-01

2. Charles Grothaus (Raven's Fort, Barony of) New Name and Device.
3. Elisava llliesca (Bjornsborg, Barony of) New Name and Device.
4. Jon Luthersson(Steppes, Barony of) New Name and Device.
5. Padraig of Kilkenney(Gate’s Edge, Shire of) Resubmitted Name and Device.
6. William “Spike” Harper (Bjornsborg, Barony of) New Name and Device.

AICC 2011-01 can be found at: http://herald.ansteorra.org/ICC/aicc201101.pdf

*******
Fast Tracks for 2011-02

Aceeptances