[Ravensfort] Fw: [Ansteorra-announce] [Announcements] Letter from the Board ofDirectors

Sher M runa.herd at earthlink.net
Sun Oct 23 12:15:01 PDT 2011

----- Original Message -----
From: <ea at sca.org>
To: <announcements at lists.sca.org>
Sent: Friday, October 21, 2011 3:24 PM
Subject: [Ansteorra-announce] [Announcements] Letter from the Board
ofDirectors

Greetings!

I have just returned home from both Great Western War and the October Board
of Directors meeting.  We did not hold a Meet ‘n Greet at GWW. I myself was
not able to confirm my ability to drive out until the Tuesday before –
modern world work obligations can affect volunteers at all levels in our
organization. I was able to speak with the Society Officers that were there,
as well as several people who have applied for Society Offices or who may be
on the nominee list for the Board. Commentary on Board nominees from any and
all who know the nominees is essential to the Board and the health of the
orginization. There are so many excellent people in our organization that
could be nominated that the seven current Directors cannot know all of them
personally!

The Census Committee has extracted and validated more data for review and
release at the Oct. BoD meeting. The two sets of data to be released are the
results of questions related to an additional peerage or peeragesand
same-sex consorts for Crown/Coronet Lists. This data will be placed on the
Census Committee website within the next two weeks. The Board recognizes the
possible need for change in both of these areas expressed by participants in
the SCA. Such potentially significant change to the structure of our
organization would require changes to Corpora. The process for any changes
to Corpora requires that the wording changes be sent out for commentary to
the SCA as a whole for a minimum of 60 days. Given the interest in these two
topics already observed by the Board, I am certain once any proposed changes
are sent out for commentary that we will hear from all of you! We want to
ensure that we have heard from as many participants as possible before any
changes this significant to how our game is played are implemented.

I want to thank everyone who has communicated with the Board in one fashion
or another in the last quarter. We all want to hear your opinions, in person
or through [mailto:Comments at sca.org] Comments at sca.org; or through email or
letters to Officers and/or Ombudsmen. We are participants in the SCA as well
as volunteers for the administration and stewardship of our organization,
and we look forward to hearing from everyone.

Leslie Vaughn, Chairman
 aka Baronessa Isabeau della Farfalla
Mark Faulcon, Vice-Chairman
 aka Duke Martin Lochner