[Ravensfort] July Pop minutes

Gary and Carolyn Pace bandb.ravensfort at gmail.com
Sat Jul 7 17:13:44 PDT 2012

Greetings,
    This month saw ~30 people in attendance.  Some of the news from the B&B retreat was discussed. Facebook will be discussed at Round Table. It needs to be unofficial and no official business may be discussed on it. The possibility of requiring people to be a member of the SCA to win a championship for a Barony is on the table for several of us as well.

  Comp cards for first time event goers will be available at next Populace meeting. People wanting to use one will be needing to begin to attend  meetings of some kind in our Barony to show interest.

  Our doing a demo at the local Girl Scout camp does not look too promising but Mistress Shanahan will continue to look into it.

  Hammerfest, a large meeting of metal workers etc will be held soon in Dallas. HE Brian will be attending and reporting back.

  Word fame was given to HE Brian and Lady Runa for attending the Waco fighter practice and representing our Barony there.

  Our Herald, Robert, is getting some submissions ready and is asking for a meeting to get some help and advice on this type of thing.
  Officers still need to remember to send in reports to the Quoth each month.

  Rapier practice has been moved to 9am every Sunday at the Gazebo in Hunstville.

  Scribes guild will be meeting on Sunday, July 29 from 1-6 at the fire station. We currently only have 2 scribes trying to do our scrolls for Defender. They are asking for help and need someone to take on the equestrian scroll and the bardic scroll. The scrolls need to be finished by Sept. Populace for signatures.

  Charles Grothaus stressed that Defender is 10 weeks away. Workdays are scheduled for July21 AND JULY 28. Work will start early and go until the heat runs everyone off! Mowing, chain sawing etc. is needed. Everyone is invited to come out and help. We may have a group of My Lady Amanda's Girl Scout group may attend Defender Saturday for a few hours. They may be asking questions and watching the event. Getting some simple tunics made for them was discussed by Mistress Shanahan and Seneca.
This is all I remember!! I am sure I forgot something so please feel free to add.
YIS,
 Giovanna Lena Caronna
Baroness of Raven's Fort