[Ravensfort] Populace minutes

Gary and Carolyn Pace bandb.ravensfort at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 05:20:48 PDT 2012

Greetings to all,
  Last night's Populace was attended by 17 people. Quite a few down from our usual numbers around 30!  We hope to see all come out and help this Saturday, our last workday at the site.  Bring clippers, shovels, ant poison, poison ivy poison, mowers etc. There is still lots to do around the site to get it ready.  We also need help setting up pavillions which will probably be early Friday morning. HE Brian will head to the storage unit on Thursday to get all of the equipment and will need help there as well. Please come out and help. it takes all of our Barony to put on a good event. Please consider staying and helping take down on Sunday too.
  Two offices are open for applications- Seneschal by Sept. 30 and hospitaler by Oct. 31.
  We need someone to set up water bearing for Defender. Two  containers, which we have , needs to have ice water and one Gatorade. All of the supplies are there. We just need someone to get ice and get it set up so fighters and general populace can stay hydrated.
  A burn ban is on for our site. Sad but true. No campfires or tikis. Smoking will be in designated areas like last year. Watch cars that are hot as they are parked. This year all cars will need to be in the parking lot area not at each camp as last year. Bring battery operated lanters for feast and night time travels at the site.
  Morning court will be at 9am so we can begin before the heat does!
  Evening court will be during feast at 5pm. Final rounds of bardic will be held then too.
  HE Chrystal showed us the scrolls drawn by HL Devin. They are a wonderful site to behold and very creative.
  HE Brian brought a bench mockup to show us how the real ones will be made. They are very large and sturdy. A wonderful prize in addition to the baskets that HE and I have made up.
  Our membership numbers need to come up. If you have let your membership lapse now is the time to renew it. We need more people to join our Barony to keep our status healthy.
  Yule is set for Saturday, Dec. 8 at Ridgetop Farm People can arrive that morning and camping/crash space is available on a limited basis for the inside but lots of camping spots outside. We will eat around 4pm that day. A small court will be held and then a Mongolian gift exchange will be held again. We will get more on the details after Defender.
  The date for working on the towers at Gulf War has been set for the weekend of Dec. 15. Some will be going and camping that weekend and getting our towers spiffied up and make them something to be proud of.
  Our Chronicler needs submissions and original artwork. This is a good way to show your talent.
  HE Brian told us of the extreme talent at Hammerfest. Much learning was found there. Many collections of armor of all periods and types was on display. It was a good thing to attend. They will hold this in 2 years. It sounded like something awesome to attend.

YIS,
Pasquale Pace and Giovanna Lena Caronna
Baron and Baroness of Raven's Fort