[Ravensfort] Things I learned at Round Table

Sher M runa.herd at earthlink.net
Sat Jul 19 22:55:54 PDT 2014

1.      No charge for event ads
 waiting on clarification as to when this
starts.  Kingdom Seneschal said that 2 checks have already been returned to
the groups that sent them.  However, if your ad is not sent in time to be
put in the Black Star then no Kingdom business can be done (that hasn’t
changed just restated to make sure everyone remembers).  You can have more
than 2 ads per event, they can be ½ page or full page BUT more than 2
depends on space available.

2.    Background check requests go to the Kingdom Seneschal for
authorization to have the check done.  However, if you are doing a renewal
of a background check an email should be sent to the Kingdom Seneschal
letting them know it is a renewal of a background check.  Renewals take
about 2 months, so you should let him/her know ahead of time.  He/She does
not get a list of who is renewing a background check.  That’s why the email
is necessary.

3.    There can be/will be supplements to the Black Star.  The online
version will be available before the mailed/written copy.  Information in
the Black Star still has to be sent in 1 month in advance (such as articles,
reports, photographs to allow the printers time to print the mailed out
copies).  ANY information in the Black Star is considered copyrighted
material.  Articles, reports, photographs, etc. cannot be used elsewhere.
However, you can paraphrase information to disseminate it to your group.

4.    Every Barony/Shire as officers’ email addresses reserved for that
group.  Kingdom would prefer that the “official” email addresses be used and
not personal addresses.

5.    How Crown receives the award recommendations varies from Crown to
Crown.  Current crown would rather see 3 (or however many) individual
recommendations as it decreases the time to verify information.  Apparently
some people have listed others on recommendations and when the additional
people on that recommendation have been contacted they had no idea their
name was on an award recommendation.

6.    There is now a deputy person designated to deal with social network
media.

7.    In the Seneschal class, Mirabelis stated that the Equestrian Insurance
has gone up in cost.  By the same token if you are holding Official
Equestrian Practices you can purchase the insurance once for multiple dates
(you must give the dates even if it turns out you don’t have a practice that
date, plus the cost should be verified in case I didn’t understand her
correctly).

I’m tired and that’s all I can remember right now without checking my notes.

Runa

---