[Ravensfort] work weekend: June 20-22

Seneca of Ravensfort seneca_of_ravensfort at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 17 10:40:18 PDT 2014

Good afternoon Raven's Fort!

I wanted to remind everyone that there will be a work weekend at the Stones this weekend, June 20-22, 2014.  Our concentration will be the grounds, so mowing (etc) will be a primary focus.  If you do not have a mower, that's okay - come out anyway!  This is a great time to work on your camp site or help spruce up common areas.  Please remember that if you have a personal camp site, it is your responsibility for upkeep -  it MUST BE MAINTAINED, otherwise you/your household risk losing it.

Come out for a day or the weekend, as there will be folks camping and port-o-potties will be on hand. A potluck dinner for Saturday is planned, and H.E. Brian has already dropped off his grill for our use, so bring some meat (or veggies) to throw on while we visit.  Additionally, fighter practice will be held at the site on Sunday beginning around 2-2:30pm - come out to watch our fighters in action.  There will be chivalric fighting, archery, and the ballista will be on hand to do some damage! Or better yet - participate - there will be loaner gear on hand and folks ready to show you the ropes.

Remember the more people who come out the lighter the workload - and the more
 fun!  So please come out, meet new members to the group and reconnect with ones you haven't seen in awhile.    Although there are port-o-potties there will not be potable water nor food on site (with exception of the potluck dinner on Saturday), so please plan accordingly.  It's hot, so remember to bring drinks to stay hydrated.

I hope to see you all there.

YIS,
Lady Seneca of Raven's Fort
Seneschal of Raven's Fort