[Ravensfort] Folk Festival

bsnowder at gmail.com bsnowder at gmail.com
Mon May 5 14:35:49 PDT 2014

Thank you to all who helped with the Folk Festival.

Many people came to visit our exhibits and were all suitably impressed. We
had compliments from both the Board as well as the Museum Staff. Many
people were interested in looking into us further and we had a number of
verbal commitments to join us at fighters practice, as well as a few who
seemed interested in our populace meeting this Thursday.

We also welcomed two of our Baronies newest members as well as one
returning member. Julia, an Scadian born, from Stargate, now living in our
Barony came out to help us Saturday and Sunday. With her came the return of
Kaley a former resident of our fair barony and her fiancee Jens. Sunday
they also brought us a wonderful dinner of roast chicken, potatoes and
carrots with a lovely wassail to go along with it.

All of this success is of course due primarily to our exhibitors Lady Runa
(Sher Montgomery), Nan,Shanahan TheFey, Thorgard, David Brown, Berta,
Brian du Val, Sandra Woodruff, and Darlene Burns (Annes Clotilde von
Bamburg) All of your materials were wonderful and were properly
appreciated. (For stories of inappropriate appreciations please contact the
people above.)

Many thanks also go to Daire who not only helped run our information point
all three days of the festival but stayed on site as security for us.

To Seneca for coming out to support us in spite of life interfering with
well laid plans.

To our wonderful  Hospitaler who created the materials for the information
tent.

To Brian du Val for his logistical support before, during, and after. To
all of the above for helping with tear down.

And of course to Devin for his support in running the A&S tent as well as
his help getting the whole thing started this year.

Thank you to all of you who helped, and thank you to all those who were
planning to help. I know a lot of you were disappointed at some of the
decisions that had to be made about the festival. However, we have most
definitely demonstrated our worth this year and we can perhaps look forward
to an even more glorious festival next year.

Donarwigaz of Crawhere, praedicator