[Ravensfort] FW: [Ansteorra-announce] Kingdom Armorer list

Sher M runa.herd at earthlink.net
Fri Oct 17 23:45:05 PDT 2014

-----Original Message-----
From: Ansteorra-announce2
[mailto:ansteorra-announce2-bounces+runa.herd=earthlink.net at lists.ansteorra.
org] On Behalf Of D Wise via Ansteorra-announce2
Sent: Thursday, October 16, 2014 10:58 AM
To: Ansteorra-Announce at ansteorra.org
Subject: [Ansteorra-announce] Kingdom Armorer list

Hi all,
Had a recent reminder at our local practice just how many folks have poor
fitting armor.  To that end, I was curious as to how many areas have a local
armorer who is available to assist folks with better fitting gear.  If you
consider yourself an armorer (or would like to be one), and are willing to
pitch in with improving the armor in use in our kingdom, please drop me a
line and I'll add you to a database I'm putting together.  If you have
preferences and/or or restrictions, I'll be happy to include that
information as well.  Obviously I'll only share whatever information you
want to put out there.  Not being on facebook, it will probably take a
little bit of time to get around also ;)

On a similar note, if you are interested in honing your armoring skills or
knowledge, I would like to start selecting a few events to set aside some
time for armoring discussion and/or workshops.  Something that has proven
very helpful to folks wanting to get started on jousting has been a series
of 'armor fashion shows' where we point out the good, the bad and the ugly
of various kits that people are either using, or wanting to use, for
jousting.

I'll be starting with a class at Bryn Gwlad's Fighting is Fighting event on
"How to fight without fighting your armor, fitting your armor to improve
your fighting".

In service,

Sir Alexis LaBouche