New to the List....

linneah@erols.com linneah at erols.com
Wed Apr 9 09:02:47 PDT 1997

Greg Lindahl just told me about this list.

My name is Stephen Bloch, ska mar-Joshua ibn-Eleazar ha-Shalib.  I've
been in the SCA for about 15 years, with an interest in medieval cooking
for most of that time, but I haven't actually run many feasts myself.
However, I've done a good bit of translating: a large portion of the
_Manuscrito Anonimo_ in Cariadoc's _Collection of Medieval and Renaissance
Cookbooks_, and (more recently, with my wife) a number of recipes from the
Catalan sources _Libre de Sent Sovi_ and _Llibre del Coch_.  We used
these two sources to put on a mostly-Catalan feast two months ago; details
are at http://www.adelphi.edu/~sbloch/sca/cooking/st.val.feast.html.

I currently live in New York City, ska the Crown Province of Ostgardr,
which I serve as Webmaster and Assistant Chronicler.  Before moving here
I lived in (in reverse chronological order) Lexington, KY / Dragonsmark;
Winnipeg, Manitoba / Castel Rouge; San Diego, CA / Calafia; and
Blacksburg, VA / Black Diamond.
					mar-Joshua ibn-Eleazar ha-Shalib
                                                 Stephen Bloch
                                           sbloch at panther.adelphi.edu