sca-cooks Re: [ck] medieval gardening book

Stephen Bloch sbloch at adl15.adelphi.edu
Thu Apr 10 07:38:30 PDT 1997

  I never said they ate spoiled meat.  However, without refrigeration, after
  only a few days, the meat does not taste as *fresh* as it did.  Likewise
  vegetables.  Now, either they accepted the taste or they covered it.

Or, they ate only fresh or preserved meats.  I misdoubt they just left fresh
meat lying around, and ate it a few days later.  What makes you believe they
did?  Pickled, salted, dried, stewed or otherwise preserved: sure.

	Tibor