sca-cooks Re: Terms

Aonghas MacLeoid (B.G. Morris) hylndr at ionline.net
Thu Apr 10 13:29:29 PDT 1997

Philip W. Troy wrote:

> YE GODS! People maintain an on-board space for themselves at events they
> cook for? Oh, Oh, Oh, aren't we grand? Pin a rose on me, mater, for I'm
> to be Queen of the May! Losing ten pounds in perspiration alone in a hot
> kitchen isn't good enough for you, eh? Well, I'll tell you something, my
> Lady: When you're walkin' 'ome tonight and some great 'omicidal maniac
> comes after you with a bunch of mawmenny with a side of mortrews blanc,
> don't come crying to me!

You're gonna look pretty silly as Queen of the May....:-)

> Ahem! Sorry about the outburst. One of the interesting things about a
> list like this is a chance to hear about the way diffferent things are
> done differently around the known world... .

In the Barony I helped to found one of the "standing policies" is that
neither the cook nor the autocrat have to pay for the event they're
working on (but everyone else does, excepting of course invited guests
such as the Royalty).  So the seat is there if one wants it.  I'truth, I
don't recall ever having used mine.  At our most recent event, my best
friend and I sat on bar stools at the service window, nibbling cheese
tart & dipping bread in the venison & bacon drippings and drinking wine
and admiring the feast hall from our "perch".  And holding court as
people came up to comment on the food....

Keilyn