sca-cooks - subtleties

Philip W. Troy troy at asan.com
Thu Apr 10 16:38:21 PDT 1997

>> Should we be attempting to cook feasts that are *typical* of medieval
>> feasts (or at least as typical of medieval foodstuffs as we have access
>> to them today - I don't get to cook with swan, heron, etc very
>> often...)?

I believe we should be cooking typical feasts to the best of our
knowledge and budget.  I get plenty of potatoes and corn in my everyday
life. I can give it up for a feast on the weekend. Part of my enjoyment
in the SCA is doing things that are different from what I do normally.
That includes foods, how they were cooked and how they taste.

Clarrissa