sca-cooks Creativity

Uduido@aol.com Uduido at aol.com
Thu Apr 10 16:36:48 PDT 1997

Greetings,

I am Baroness Clarissa di Firenze.  I have been in the SCA since '86 and
have lived in Windmasters Hill in Atlantia, the Shire of Nordenhalle in
the East and now live in the Barony of Bryn Gwlad in Ansteorra.  I enjoy
cooking period foods. In the last couple of years, I have branched out
from using other peoples redacted recipes to doing my own. I am loving
it! This list is a really great idea!

I have been cooking using period recipes for about 6 or 7 years now.  I
have cooked about 6 SCA feasts for groups ranging from about 80 people to
over 200 people.  I hope I can be of help to new cooks here and learn a
lot myself too!  I am especially interested in learning about cooking
over an open fire.

Clarissa

PS. Just something interesting I learned the other day about eggs:
Why do we refrigerate eggs when folks in the 1800s and earlier did not?
According to the folks at the pioneer farm here in Austin, fresh from the
chicken eggs are coated in a substance that seals the eggs air tight and
can therefore be left sitting in a bowl. Egg farmers today wash that
substance off so we must refrigerate the eggs today to keep them fresh.