Re(2): sca-cooks Greetings

Sue Wensel swensel at brandegee.lm.com
Fri Apr 11 08:10:25 PDT 1997

I've noticed people talking about the size of the feasts they have done and I'm
curious.  How big is the typical feast that you have headed?

I've been twitted a couple of times by a gentle joke I made earlier about the
hazards of mental health of SCA cooks.  I will admit to having mental gymnastics
whenever I do feasts but maybe it's because of the size of the meals I have been
involved with.  I have either been head cook or assistant head cook of several
feasts for over 350 people and my last feast was for 500.  Whenever I get to cook
for a nice intimate gathering of 150-200, it's usually on a site with no kitchen,
water or electricity.

I'm hoping to put in for our Kingdom's next Laurel's Prize Tourney so I could
finally have a nice kitchen and only cook for around 200-250.

Once again, how large are the typical feasts for you folks?

Yers,

Gunthar