sca-cooks Subtlety

Fri Apr 11 08:06:54 PDT 1997

> I'd like to try some medieval fish recipes and this sounds good.

I was planning on making waffres at Coronation but they got changed to something
else in the planning process.  Waffres are basically a tuna or salmon mousse in
pastry.  I'm hoping to do them at my dream "small intimate feast of 200.

> Unfortunately, since I am in Ansteorra I am unlikely to ever get fish at
> a feast. (meat is good. vegatables are what meat eats. fish is just
> another vegatable. etc.)

I'm hoping to do some fish dishes in the future, but it's just so expensive!

> Anyone have any good recipes using salted fish? I've never had any and
> since that was a staple in parts of medieval europe, I'd like to try
> some.

Once again something that was going into Coronation but was cut because my source
of salt cod was going for $8 a pound!

> Stefan li Rous

I can give you some recipes later if you wish.

Yers,

Gunthar