sca-cooks Discussion on Yeast

Fri Apr 11 10:29:48 PDT 1997

> Since I have done a number of feasts....the reason I don't cook fish at
> feasts.. is it is very delicate and can spoil easily.  I have been to a
> norse smorgesbord (indoors) where smoked salmon and pickled herring
> were served.
>
> I will look around for a fish recipe.  Salt cod is a very common salted
> fish that is still available.  I'll see what I can come up with.
>
> meadhbh

Hmmm, here's a question, what did medieval fisherman and sailors eat?  We
all know the later centuries of British naval fare (biscuit, salt beef or
pork, peas, grog, etc.) Our Canton of Ivyeinrust is holding a sea
collegium in the near future, and I'd like to help with the cooking.
Any recipes for salt fish, etc., or sources where I can find recipes would
be greatly appreciated!

Rafaela di Napoli