sca-cooks Transport of Foodstuffs

James and/or Nancy Gilly KatieMorag at worldnet.att.net
Fri Apr 11 21:29:51 PDT 1997

On Wed, 9 Apr 1997, Master Terafan wrote:
> I, for one, have to vote utterly and completely for
>
> 	HEAD COOK !!!!
>
> One of my personal irritants is the "-crat" syndrome.  There is only ONE
> "crat", the autocrat!
>
> Everything else is "head whatever" or " XXX coordinator".
>
> Head Merchant
> Head Cook
> Head Gatekeeper
> etc.
>

>                                                Terafan
> 		( Autocratting GOD among mere mortals....)    :-)
>
> Master Terafan Greydragon
> barclayp at lee-dns1.army.mil
> Brewer, Fighter, Brewer, Autocrat, Brewer, Regional Seneschal, Brewer,
> Tavern Owner, Brewer, etc.
> Barony of Caer Mear
> http://www.geocities.com/Athens/3409

I definitely agree with Master Terafan about this "-crat" nonsense (of which
I think the "merchocrat" is the worst - <shudder>), though I don't even use
the term "autocrat" - when I serve, it is as Steward of the Hall.

Incidentally, for those of you who do not know Master Terafan:  In addition
to his other (a)vocations, which he has listed above, he is also a Brewer.
And he contributed the most wonderful mead to those who attended Coronation
last week....

Alasdair mac Iain

James and/or Nancy Gilly
katiemorag at worldnet.att.net