sca-cooks Geographical issues

Aonghas MacLeoid (B.G. Morris) hylndr at ionline.net
Sun Apr 13 09:04:52 PDT 1997

Hi Cooks:

I too react to some wines, usually reds, because of the sulfates.  They
trigger migraines!!!

You might also try Fetzer wines, of Redwood Valley, California.  The
Cabernet Sauvignon is really great and has not triggered any response.
Here in Canada it is about 7.75 a bottle but since its an American product
it will probably cost less there???

Regards,

Ealasaid

May thee hae meikle feres,
Kennin fae, A guid burdie
An ding a fou coggie.......
......Lang May Thee Lum Reek!!!!!!

hylndr at ionline.net
http://www.ionline.net/~hylndr/

- ----------
> From: Aldyth at aol.com
> To: sca-cooks at eden.com
> Subject: Re: sca-cooks Farmgirls Version
> Date: Friday, April 11, 1997 9:33 PM
>
> In a message dated 97-04-11 18:07:34 EDT, Sabia writes:
>
> << I have a question concerning the use of wine in cooking.  I am
>  allergic to sulfates which are present in 'most' wines, do they cook off

>  or would they remain?  I have avoided tasting any dishes that are made
>  this way and tend to substitute broth or other liquids, any
suggestions?>>

> I am also afflicted.  Gallo does not seem to have an effect, nor does
Paisano