SC - Re: sca-cooks Hello to all

Fiona Porteous bilby at rosebay.matra.com.au
Mon Apr 14 21:39:20 PDT 1997

Just a short note to say, Hi. I am Lord Mandrigal of Mu a (25 year member)
from Trimaris. I am a Master of the Oldenfeld Cooks Guild and throughly
love to cook.

I am now looking for references about leavening for breads and cakes during
our Period. I know yeast as a commercial product was not available to our
early counter parts and I am trying to research what kinds of "starters"
and leavens they used. I hope to begin teaching a course locally on Period
baking, but refuse to allow yeast to be used. My feeling being yeast bread
and sourdough bread have totally different tastes and textures and I want
to teach what was authentic! I am open for all the help I can get!

With great appreciation for any help,

Lord Mandrigal of Mu